Friday, September 10, 2010

Parkinson's and cognition; new study out.

I saw on Psychcentral.com that a new study from Queen's University suggests that "Parkinson’s disease can affect thought processes and the acquisition of knowledge". Welcome to my world :-) !

Other interesting tidbits from the article:

"Queen’s University researchers have found that people with Parkinson’s disease can perform automated tasks better than people without the disease, but have significant difficulty switching from easy to hard tasks."

"Even when asked to simply prepare to change their behavior, people with the disease found it incredibly difficult to adjust their plans."

All I can say is: well, DUHHHHH!!
Seriously, though, I'm glad to see some actual research going on about this.

Here's a link to the article on psychcentral

http://psychcentral.com/news/2010/09/07/parkinsons-effect-on-cognition/17768.html

3 comments:

Buy hydrocodone online said...

Information provided in findrxonline is very good and I thank the people who recommended this site to post and I am grateful for the way in this page inculcate and teach people like me who suffers from Parkinson's.

Kim Kardashian
Findrxonline

Dee said...

Great blog with lots of valuable information! In terms of research, I know there is a new device coming out that helps track PD symptoms at your home that doctors use to adjust treatment. Some of the research looks really promising! If you're interested in reading more about it the website is www.clevemed.com/PD/patIntro.shtml

Patrick Younts (and my Wingman) said...

Great article. Thanks for the link - it's very interesting. Hope you are well.

Pat

About Me

My photo
I'm a lucky lady. I have a wonderful husband of 27 years, a fantastic 25 year old son (I'm so proud of him!) a loving and supportive family, the best friends in the world, a job that I love, and... Parkinson's Disease. I was diagnosed in September 2006. That was a jolt, but I'm learning to deal with it.