Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Where have I been?

I haven't posted in awhile.  Where have I been?  Well, we went on vacation, we had house guests, we've both been working extra hard for extra hours... etc, etc.   It's been fun, but stressful too.

I feel like I'm just starting to appreciate (if that's the right word) just how hard this fight is going to be.  For the first time, I couldn't do everything I wanted to on my vacation, at least not without some reservations.  I couldn't stay up with everyone and drink and play cards or dominoes all night long.  I didn't have as much enthusiasm about decorating the table or arranging games or making fancy desserts or starting a singalong as I usually do; I was just too exhausted.  My neurologist called my cell phone (on a Sunday, can you believe it?) and helped me work out a medication schedule that was a little better, and I had a lot of fun anyway.  It would take an awful lot to ruin my good time when I'm with my family, that's for sure!

I just have to learn new coping skills, and I'd better hurry up, because Bob and I are going to Disneyland for our 26th wedding anniversary in September!

2 comments:

Robin said...

Good to see you're still around and enjoying life:)

matina said...



i was diagnosed of parkinson disease 5 years ago,i started azilect then mirapex as the disease progressed in frebuary last year,and i started on parkinson disease herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic,few months into the treatment i made a significant recovery,almost all my symptoms are gone,great improvement with my movement and belance,it been a year and life has been so good for me,contact them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com

About Me

My photo
I'm a lucky lady. I have a wonderful husband of 27 years, a fantastic 25 year old son (I'm so proud of him!) a loving and supportive family, the best friends in the world, a job that I love, and... Parkinson's Disease. I was diagnosed in September 2006. That was a jolt, but I'm learning to deal with it.