Sunday, March 11, 2012

Just another Sunday

Forgot to "Spring forward" last night, so I'm all discombobulated this morning.  My husband and I went to our support group meeting yesterday, and as usual, we left feeling uplifted and hopeful.  It's just so great to be with a group of people who know and understand exactly what you're going through.  We meet once a month, but every time we go, we pick up conversations as if we had just been together the day before.

I found my support group through PPSG (Parkinson's Patients Support Groups, Inc.).  Here's a link: Parkinson's Patients Support Groups, Inc.
(I did the artwork for the landing page on this site, by the way.  I'm kind of proud of it :)).  I'm a big believer in support groups, though I know they aren't for everyone.

1 comment:

matina said...

My husband was diagnosed with early onset Parkinson's disease at 57.his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech, low volume speech, degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 45 degree angle, things were tough for me, but now he finally free from the disease with the help of total cure from ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC, he now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed, he had trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible.we had to find a better solution for his condition which has really helped him a lot,the biggest helped we had was ultimate life clinic they walked us through the proper steps, this their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com to anyone who needs help.

About Me

My photo
I'm a lucky lady. I have a wonderful husband of 27 years, a fantastic 25 year old son (I'm so proud of him!) a loving and supportive family, the best friends in the world, a job that I love, and... Parkinson's Disease. I was diagnosed in September 2006. That was a jolt, but I'm learning to deal with it.