Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

So there I was, at 4:15 in the "morning", unable to sleep as usual, trudging grumpily downstairs while cursing Parkinson's Disease and everything associated with it.  I glanced at the computer, and there on they keyboard was a card with "Mom" written in fancy script on the envelope.  I opened it, and found a card with a picture of a little boy on the beach; a child who looked so much like my own when he was 6 or 7, I swear it could be him.  Inside was a note from my now 25 year old son, and it starts out "you are an inspiration to me; nothing gets you down, absolutely nothing".  I won't reprint the whole thing, but suffice to say, the tears were rolling down my cheeks by the time I finished reading it.  Funny how something as small as a card can change your whole attitude in less than a minute.  Of all the blessings in my life, the best one is being a Mom.


1 comment:

Robin said...

That's pretty great. Happy Mom's day:)

About Me

My photo
I'm a lucky lady. I have a wonderful husband of 27 years, a fantastic 25 year old son (I'm so proud of him!) a loving and supportive family, the best friends in the world, a job that I love, and... Parkinson's Disease. I was diagnosed in September 2006. That was a jolt, but I'm learning to deal with it.