Saturday, September 22, 2012

I'm not worried.

My "Dday" (Diagnosis Day) anniversary just passed a couple days ago.  This year, my thoughts are all about DBS.  I'm really not worried about the operation; the risks are few and the payoff is potentially huge.  Why then am I so weepy?  I guess I just resent having to do this at all.  That's not right, though; I should be glad that this option is available now.  I AM glad.  I just wish I didn't have to have a couple of holes drilled in my head in order to feel normal.  Here's a list of "plusses" to DBS surgery:

1.) I can finally say "I can't come to work tomorrow; I'm having brain surgery".  I've always wanted to say that.

2.)  I won't have to go through that scanner thingy at the airport anymore.

3.) I can call myself a "Bionic Woman".  Just don't ask me to run in slow motion.

4.)  I can pretend to be in that episode of Star Trek where Spock's brain is removed and they were making his body work with a remote control device.

Well, all of that is on top of the main advantage; cutting down on medication and feeling normal again. A lot to look forward to!

3 comments:

Amsterdam Blogger said...

Hi there Bionic woman to be,to be truthful: I am leaving this note as much as I can around the internet to educate the Youtube and Google search engine.
I have made a short video to help a friend of mine that had...(has)
Parkinson's and was successfully treated by the Deep Brain Stimulation.
I want the video to be find-able but the search engines decided that they have to help out when looking for "Yoa Parkinson" the name of the video and the artist name for my friend, they suggest that you are actually looking for something else.
Thus setting the video entitled Yoa Parkinson pages back in the results.
If this and many more pages get indexed next time, it will become accepted by Youtube and Google.
Of course I am happy if you want to leave this on your Blog, and I understand if you don't.
See the video yourself: English version : http://youtu.be/Q0CYEF3RmM8
And please, if you would be so kind as to search for Yoa Parkinson
on Youtube once to educate that search engine ! Thank you so much !

Kind regards,

Mark

Marian said...

Hi Mark; I loved Yoa's video! I have posted a link to it on the bottom of my page. Very interesting; I hope there will be more posted as time goes by. I want to see how Yoa's doing. I also hope that she finds something wonderful and exciting to do OTHER than climbing the Sydney bridge; LOL...

matina said...

i was diagnosed of parkinson disease 5 years ago,i started azilect,then mirapex as the disease progressed in february last year,and i started on parkinson disease herbal medicine from ultimate life clinic,few months into the treatment  i made a significant recovery,almost all my symptoms are gone,great improvement with my movement and balance,it been a year and life has been so good for me,reach them through there website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com

About Me

My photo
I'm a lucky lady. I have a wonderful husband of 27 years, a fantastic 25 year old son (I'm so proud of him!) a loving and supportive family, the best friends in the world, a job that I love, and... Parkinson's Disease. I was diagnosed in September 2006. That was a jolt, but I'm learning to deal with it.