Friday, April 17, 2009

Off on the road to NY

So here I am, getting ready to leave for NY. We'll be visiting with my family for a week, then participating in the Parkinson's Unity Walk in Central Park on the 25th. I'm so excited!! It's going to be an emotional event for me, I'm sure.

My blood work came back normal, so maybe I don't have to worry about hemochromatosis right now. I'm glad I found that out before we left on our trip; I hate worrying about that kind of stuff, especially when I'm trying to relax and have fun!

Unfortunately, I'm in a little pain, because we got a little over-enthusiastic while dancing the other day, and the upshot is I think I may have broken a rib. If nothing else I pulled the heck out of the muscles and/or bruised the chest. Oh well, into every life a lttle rain must fall, right? Nothing is going to ruin the Unity Walk for me!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a lucky lady. I have a wonderful husband of 27 years, a fantastic 25 year old son (I'm so proud of him!) a loving and supportive family, the best friends in the world, a job that I love, and... Parkinson's Disease. I was diagnosed in September 2006. That was a jolt, but I'm learning to deal with it.