Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Saw the doctor yesterday...

It seems that visits with my doctors have become milestones for me. That being the case, yesterday was a great milestone in my life. I had my regular appointment with my neurologist, and he confirmed my suspicions: I'm doing FANTASTIC!! He says you can't even tell I have Parkinson's disease. I can tell, of course, but the way that I look on the outside is a reflection of how good I'm feeling on the inside. I'm walking well, I'm able to do everything I want to do (though maybe not as long as I'd like to do it :-)). I have little or no side effects from the medications to deal with. I'm doing great at work. I sleep well, I eat well; I just can't complain at all, and I don't want to! Heck, I'm taking ballroom dancing lessons once a week and doing o.k. at that, too.

The only thing of any concern is that I've had a couple of "freezing" episodes, one that caused me to fall flat on my face without being able to even bring up my hands to stop me, and one that caused an "almost" fall. The doctor says I need to do more than just be careful; I need to make sure that my path through the house is unobstructed. In other words, I just received a prescription to clean up my house. Yikes. He hasn't seen my house, obviously. I wonder if the insurance company will get me a maid, since it's doctor's orders. Hmmm..... probably not.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad your doing so wonderful!! Please be careful my friend...falls can be so dangerous!

I love the painting of Bosco and your cat...Marian God has truly blessed you with many wonderful gifts!

Love ya kiddo!
B'nana

Victoria said...

My father was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease at 57.his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech, low volume speech, degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 45 degree angle, things were tough for me, but now he finally free from the disease with the help of total cure from ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC, he now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed, he had trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible.we had to find a better solution for his condition which has really helped him a lot,the biggest helped we had was ultimate life clinic they walked us through the proper steps,i recommended this www.ultimatelifeclinic.com to anyone who needs there help.

About Me

My photo
I'm a lucky lady. I have a wonderful husband of 27 years, a fantastic 25 year old son (I'm so proud of him!) a loving and supportive family, the best friends in the world, a job that I love, and... Parkinson's Disease. I was diagnosed in September 2006. That was a jolt, but I'm learning to deal with it.