Saturday, August 21, 2010

Inspirational morning

We went to the symposium "Maintaining Hope with Parkinson's Disease" this morning, where Davis Phinney was the keynote speaker. What an inspiration that was! After his speech, he joined a panel of PD patients, some of whom I already knew, who shared their views about what gives them hope. They answered questions, told stories and basically got us all fired up about fighting this stupid disease. There was also a panel of care givers, to answer questions about that aspect of PD, and lastly there was a psychiatrist from Stanford University to talk to us about depression and dementia, and what can be done about them. I think that we all left with a more positive attitude than when we got there; I know I did, anyway. I feel like doing something to kick some Parkinson butt!

For anyone who has PD or is a caregiver for someone with PD, I would recommend attending any event where Davis Phinney is a speaker. He was that good.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a lucky lady. I have a wonderful husband of 27 years, a fantastic 25 year old son (I'm so proud of him!) a loving and supportive family, the best friends in the world, a job that I love, and... Parkinson's Disease. I was diagnosed in September 2006. That was a jolt, but I'm learning to deal with it.