Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A thoughtful gift

Ever notice how some people have a natural instinct for comforting and helping others? My husband's sister, Kathy is one of those. She was on vacation with us, and one day she popped up with a little gift; one for me and one for her mom. It was a little LED flashlight on a lanyard, so you can wear it around your neck, and always have a light available. I know she heard me talking about how I always have to get up in the middle of the night, and how disoriented I get, especially if I'm not at home. I worry about tripping over things, but I hate to turn the light on and wake my husband (even though he says not to worry about it) or others in the house. Now, I have a light that's focused enough that it doesn't light up the whole room, but gets me safely to the bathroom or wherever my destination is in the middle of the night.

Now, wasn't that a thoughtful and useful gift? It sure came in handy while we were camping this weekend!

1 comment:

Patrick Younts (and my Wingman) said...

The unexpected gifts are sometimes the nicest ones. Your sister-in-law sounds like a very thoughtful and kind person. Having PD is unexpected, and gifts can make your whole day. I hope you are doing well.

About Me

My photo
I'm a lucky lady. I have a wonderful husband of 27 years, a fantastic 25 year old son (I'm so proud of him!) a loving and supportive family, the best friends in the world, a job that I love, and... Parkinson's Disease. I was diagnosed in September 2006. That was a jolt, but I'm learning to deal with it.