Thursday, November 13, 2008

EEG came back normal. Now what....?

Finally got my EEG results back; normal. I had to rattle my doctor's cage. Sometimes, if the test results are normal, he doesn't bother calling me, but since this test was done at another facility, the results didn't get sent to my online account.

I don't really know how I feel about this. I certainly don't want a seizure disorder, and it looks like I don't have one, so that's good. On the other hand, something did go wrong (my neurologist calls it a "spell"), and we don't know what it was, or whether it will happen again. If it wasn't a seizure, what was it? The doctor says his prime suspect is migraine. I've been doing some reading about migraines, and it does fit the symptoms. Vertigo, nausea, olfactory hallucination, memory loss, and a couple of days of extreme sleepiness afterwards. I didn't know this, but apparently, you can have a migraine aura without the headache. That's what was confusing about it to me; I had no pain.

Well, I guess I'll just have to hope that it doesn't happen again, and pay closer attention to what triggers my migraines. I should follow the advice I always give everyone else and WRITE IT DOWN!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Marian
I am so elated,ecstatic, jumping for joy that it is not seizures, WOO HOO; however, I hear the concern about what you went through and if it hits again...try not to focus on that! Migraines can be awful and if it is that then really watch for your triggers so you can possibly avoid them!! Hugs and see ya soon kiddo!!! b'nana

About Me

My photo
I'm a lucky lady. I have a wonderful husband of 27 years, a fantastic 25 year old son (I'm so proud of him!) a loving and supportive family, the best friends in the world, a job that I love, and... Parkinson's Disease. I was diagnosed in September 2006. That was a jolt, but I'm learning to deal with it.