Saturday, January 31, 2009

Positive Things; what are some of the GOOD things that PD has brought me?

As promised, I thought I'd list some of the things I've gained as a result of having Parkinson's:

A sense of purpose. I feel that I have a cause now, maybe a small inkling of what God has in mind for me. I have something to work towards, and that keeps me going. I've never really had this kind of direction before. Doing positive things to help myself and others and working towards a goal makes life more meaningful.

An appreciation for little things in life. More and more, I find myself noticing and appreciating little things like the wind in the trees, the way the squirrels chase each other and tease the dog, flowers growing where they're not supposed to (instead of in the planter box!), the way it feels to walk as fast as I can just for the joy of walking.

Prioritization. I'm beginning to understand, for the first time in my life, that my priorities need to be rearranged. For years, I put work first. I paid lip service to putting family first or putting my needs first, but when it came down to it, it was work all the way. I let my job define me as a person; if I failed at work, I failed at life. Now that I've had to face the realization that I can't do my job as well as I used to, I'm starting to let go a little. This is a slow process, and I'm still working on it, but as they say, the first step is admitting you have a problem!

Less self consciousness. When I was first diagnosed, I worried a lot about people staring at me or judging me based on my symptoms. Now, I've found that most people don't notice anything; most of the time people aren't looking at me at all. I've also come around to feeling like I don't care what they think anyway; if they want to stare, I'll stare back and smile! If they are bold enough to ask what's wrong (as has happened on a couple of occasions) I treat it as an educational opportunity. Spreading the word about PD is a good thing, right? It's kind of freeing; I just don't care what I look like as much as I used to. If my makeup isn't perfect (or isn't on at all), or I haven't bothered to do anything with my hair except brush it, I think "Hey! I have Parkinson's and I'm menopausal; what do they want?"

Friends. I've never had so many friends in my life; friends that share personal thoughts and feelings, friends that call and ask how I'm doing, friends that keep track of one another and get concerned if one of the circle hasn't called or been on line in a while. It's wonderful to see all these beautiful people drawn together to face adversity together. I'm so happy to be a part of it!

There are other things, too but I can't think right now. Need coffee.......

7 comments:

Judy in TN aka In10city said...

I think you nailed em all friend, and i so agree. You are an amazing person and I'm so glad to have you as a friend. And i am enjoying your blog so keep it up...you got lots of good stuff and I know that it will help many to read it!
hugs,
judy

Joanie Butler said...

Boy, I needed that today! Thank you for sharing. I may "steal" your idea and post some of the good things that PD has brought to me as well.

Take care!

my own arcadia said...

I could tell it louder but not clearer.

I can sign them all.

I'd like to add just another one: inner peace.

I used to run like a speeding bullet just to discover I was running nowhere fast.

Now I slowed down and I discovered there was another way of live flowing just beside me.

It was always there but I couldn't see it while I was trapped into a "rush hour" around the clock.

Unknown said...

HOW I GOT MY MAN BACK
i just want to start this way by giving a huge thanks to this man DR. UGO ANDREW for what he has just done in my life and my family . At first i thought it won,t work because many has failed me before but on a second thought i said let me just try and to my best surprise Harris my husband that said and insist he has nothing to do with me and my family again called me immediately this great man DR. UGO ANDREW of generalspelltemple@gmail.com cast a love spell on him and started begging for forgiveness. Well i love him so much and at once i accepted him back and today we are both living in pace and harmony, all the glory is to this man DR. UGO ANDREW of generalspelltemple@gmail.com DOC I THANK YOU once again for you are worthy of all the praise and thanks. forever am grateful and shall ever be to you . i also want to say if you are out there passing through any relationship issues you can contact him today and i strongle believe he will also help you out. once again you can contact him through the following way

Email Address: generalspelltemple@gmail.com

WhatsApp Number: +1 (518)855-8371

Facebook page: www.facebook.com/generalspelltemple


HOW I GOT MY MAN BACK
i just want to start this way by giving a huge thanks to this man DR. UGO ANDREW for what he has just done in my life and my family . At first i thought it won,t work because many has failed me before but on a second thought i said let me just try and to my best surprise Harris my husband that said and insist he has nothing to do with me and my family again called me immediately this great man DR. UGO ANDREW of generalspelltemple@gmail.com cast a love spell on him and started begging for forgiveness. Well i love him so much and at once i accepted him back and today we are both living in pace and harmony, all the glory is to this man DR. UGO ANDREW of generalspelltemple@gmail.com DOC I THANK YOU once again for you are worthy of all the praise and thanks. forever am grateful and shall ever be to you . i also want to say if you are out there passing through any relationship issues you can contact him today and i strongle believe he will also help you out. once again you can contact him through the following way

Email Address: generalspelltemple@gmail.com

WhatsApp Number: +1 (518)855-8371

Facebook page: www.facebook.com/generalspelltemple

Latoya Ritter said...



THE TRUE SOLUTION TO MARRIAGE , CHEATING , DIVORCE , AND RELATIONSHIP ISSUES
I will try to make this short as possible. In July I found out that my husband of almost 17yrs was having an affair and he actually brought this woman to my home. I was devestated to say the least. I met my husband 18yrs ago and he swept me off my feet and we got married 11months after we met. We had a great marriage (I thought) we have two beautiful boys. In 2015 we moved 800 miles away to a very small town due to his job. I quit my high paying job at a company that I had worked at for 14yrs to move away from my family and job/career to be a stay at home mom. Then here we are 2 and 1/2 years later going through a divorce and no job. I felt schizophrenic going through all of these emotions from acceptance, to denial, to how can this be and back again. I tried all the best effort i could to get him back from this woman whom he was havingan affiar with, and make him see how much i love to be with him. but he insisted he never wanted to be with me anymore. Its was almost 4 months since he started living with this other woman, then i decided to use Dr joy spells for help because i had no other choice and i felt everything was lost to me. I had the most wonderful and happy marriage after using his spell in just 24 hours, and that was how my marital life was fixed back to its right track. If you are one of the people who is in a loveless and unhappy marriage that cannot be salvaged (and you can only determine that by being very honest with yourself), believe me…there IS light at the end of this tunnel. Here is his
Email: joylovespell@gmail.com
Whats,App. +2347059014517

Roselyn said...

What would i have done if not for Dr Blessing, my man of 3 years started acting strange when he got a new job in new York, i thought it was because of new job after two months i find out he has been cheating on me with his working mate i tried talking to him because i loved him and something in me told me he was not himself as my man loved me and our kid so much, in this process of trying to talk to him about this other woman my man pushed me out of the house , i was xo xo depressed that i wanted to file for divorce, but my mom ask me not to go for divorce so i tried holding myself even when i wasn't happy during this time, i started looking out for solutions everywhere, but non worked , until the day my aunt introduce me to this man called Dr blessing,of blessingspiritualtemple@gmail.com i explained my situation to him and he said to me if i believed in him ? i said to him and he told me to get somethings done which i did as usual , and he told me my man was under black magic from another woman and i said yes i suspected he was, but he finally said i should wait for two days that my man will call or text me , i believed him because i know my aunt will never mislead me , i was amazed when i received messages of apology from my man after two days i quickly told Dr blessing about this and he said that was just the beginning and that was how me and my husband are reunite again today and am carrying our second child inside me now, so with all this wonderful and amazed work done for me by Dr blessing i promise to share and inform the world about him because i know many are out there passing through hardship in their relationship , and i also introduced Dr blessing to my friends here and he did same good result for them all so am convince that with blessingspiritualtemple@gmail.com your relationship can be saved again
you can reach out to him via his email , blessingspiritualtemple@gmail.com, Whats,App. +1(951) 409 0694
LUCIANA

Victoria said...


My father was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease at 57.his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech, low volume speech, degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 45 degree angle, things were tough for me, but now he finally free from the disease with the help of total cure from ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC, he now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed, he had trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible.we had to find a better solution for his condition which has really helped him a lot,the biggest helped we had was ultimate life clinic they walked us through the proper steps,i recommended this www.ultimatelifeclinic.com to anyone who needs there help.

About Me

My photo
I'm a lucky lady. I have a wonderful husband of 27 years, a fantastic 25 year old son (I'm so proud of him!) a loving and supportive family, the best friends in the world, a job that I love, and... Parkinson's Disease. I was diagnosed in September 2006. That was a jolt, but I'm learning to deal with it.