Friday, April 15, 2011

Stepping out of my comfort zone; newspaper interview

Well, I've gone and done it now.  I won the Parkinson's Disease Foundation t-shirt contest (tied for the win, anyway) and now our local paper, the Half Moon Bay Review is doing an article about it for Parkinson's Disease Awareness month.  I gave a phone interview yesterday,  and today they're taking my picture.  I don't have the PDF t-shirt in hand yet, so I'm going to wear the one I designed for the Patients Like Me Parkinson's Unity Walk team, and bring a picture of the PDF one.

This is way out of my comfort zone; I'm terrified.  I don't know why.  This is what I've been trying to do; raise awareness, help put a face on the disease for those who haven't been touched by it.  It's very scary, though, for some reason.  I'm just going to square my shoulders and do it, though.  So there, Mr. Parkinson!

5 comments:

Bob Kuhn said...

Marian;

Way to go! We are with you. Thanks for standing up for us. We need you.

Bob

Blue House Studio World HQ said...

Good for you and all of us. You'll do great!

Marian said...

Thanks, my friends. It was a lot easier than I thought. I doubt the picture will come out very well; I was so nervous, but that doesn't really matter, now, does it?

Marian

friendandfaux said...

Who cares about the photo. The important thing is you tried and YOU WON.
That means that any of us with PD should always keep trying no matter how slow, or stiff, or shaky. We can and must keep forging ahead for us and those who no longer can
WE ARE PROUD OF YOU!

Marian said...

Thanks, friendandfaux; that means so much to me! We can keep going, and we will.

About Me

My photo
I'm a lucky lady. I have a wonderful husband of 27 years, a fantastic 25 year old son (I'm so proud of him!) a loving and supportive family, the best friends in the world, a job that I love, and... Parkinson's Disease. I was diagnosed in September 2006. That was a jolt, but I'm learning to deal with it.