Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas everyone!

I just heard from my sister, Erica! She's doing so well; I'm so proud of her. I wish I had a more recent picture of her to post, but here's a picture of her on her wedding day in 1997:

She's a beautiful person, inside and out. We tend to lose track of one another, I'm not sure why. Growing up, we were kind of separate, since she's I think 13 years younger than I am, also she's really my half sister. She grew up with our Mom, and I grew up with my Dad. Anyway, it was a wonderful Christmas surprise to hear from her. She also says she might be able to help me organize a Parkinson's Walk or other event in her area; she has connections. Wouldn't that be great?

I'm so happy and filled with joy and love today. I hope the same is true for everyone.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a lucky lady. I have a wonderful husband of 27 years, a fantastic 25 year old son (I'm so proud of him!) a loving and supportive family, the best friends in the world, a job that I love, and... Parkinson's Disease. I was diagnosed in September 2006. That was a jolt, but I'm learning to deal with it.