Sunday, May 17, 2009

By the twitching of my thumbs...

"It" has spread to my right side. I noticed it yesterday while I was drawing; my right hand was twitching. I put it down to tired muscles. This morning at around 4:30 as I lay in bed trying to go back to sleep, my left hand trembling a bit as usual when I'm off my meds, I noticed my right thumb twitching, a tiny counterpoint. It's not much, and it only happens under certain circumstances, but that's how the original tremor on my left side started.

I didn't expect this, not so soon. But that's the way this disease works; just when you think you've got it under control, it sneaks into some new territory like an attacking enemy in the night. That's o.k.. I fought it on my left side, and I'll fight it on my right!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a lucky lady. I have a wonderful husband of 27 years, a fantastic 25 year old son (I'm so proud of him!) a loving and supportive family, the best friends in the world, a job that I love, and... Parkinson's Disease. I was diagnosed in September 2006. That was a jolt, but I'm learning to deal with it.