Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Gentle reminders

Just when I start to feel sorry for myself, I get these little, gentle reminders of how good I really have it. I spoke on the phone yesterday to a friend who's dealing with chronic Lyme disease, among other things. Both she and her husband are disabled and can't work, and now they're facing the possibility of losing their house. She has been denied disability benefits, and doesn't really know where to turn next. And she asks ME how I'm feeling! It's a humbling thing.

I guess the moral of the story is: when you start to feel put-upon, take a look around and count your blessings. You'll probably find more than you thought you would; I always do.

No comments:

There was an error in this gadget

About Me

My photo
I'm a lucky lady. I have a wonderful husband of 27 years, a fantastic 25 year old son (I'm so proud of him!) a loving and supportive family, the best friends in the world, a job that I love, and... Parkinson's Disease. I was diagnosed in September 2006. That was a jolt, but I'm learning to deal with it.