Saturday, February 27, 2010

Still breaking in the new medication

I think adding the Amantadine to my other meds is going to work out fine. I have a lot more consistent response to the levadopa; fewer peaks and valleys. Also, I don't seem to get quite as stiff and rigid in the evenings (or at least not as early in the evenings as before). I do seem to have a poor appetite and occasionally some pretty severe dizziness, but that's starting to go away.

I've also been a bit depressed, but depression is a tricky thing. Sometimes, you have a perfectly good reason to be depressed, after all. Work has been extremely stressful, preparing for a big review for the customer and not feeling ready for it, or adequate for the task. Well, the review is over, thank goodness, and I can relax a little. We'll see; I have a lot of work to do and a short time to accomplish it, so the stress is still hovering in the background. Anyway, I don't think it's the meds.

What a list of drugs I take now! Stalevo (which is really 3 drugs; carbidopa, levadopa and entacapone), Requip XL, Zelapar and Amantadine, as well as the medicines for migraines and for insomnia. Oh well; it works, an I'm grateful!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a lucky lady. I have a wonderful husband of 27 years, a fantastic 25 year old son (I'm so proud of him!) a loving and supportive family, the best friends in the world, a job that I love, and... Parkinson's Disease. I was diagnosed in September 2006. That was a jolt, but I'm learning to deal with it.