Sunday, May 2, 2010

Better today

The Sunnyvale Parkinson's Walk went very well! I managed the whole walk without too much trouble, and I raised $825 for Parkinson's research, thanks to my wonderful donors. I feel much better now, though very tired. I took a Baclofen and an Ambien last night and got a good, solid 6 hours of sleep; I feel like a new woman. The muscles are still clenching up a little, but now I've discovered that the Baclofen actually does work if I take it soon enough, and it doesn't give side effects. The migraine must have been a coincidence.

Anyway, I think the walk was good for me on several levels, and it has inspired me to step up my exercise routine a little. Now, let's see if I follow through... :-)

No comments:

There was an error in this gadget

About Me

My photo
I'm a lucky lady. I have a wonderful husband of 27 years, a fantastic 25 year old son (I'm so proud of him!) a loving and supportive family, the best friends in the world, a job that I love, and... Parkinson's Disease. I was diagnosed in September 2006. That was a jolt, but I'm learning to deal with it.