Friday, May 7, 2010

A weighty issue

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm losing too much weight. Since this time last year, I've gone from 135 pounds (a weight that I've been hovering around for several years) to 116 pounds and most of that decline has been in the last 4 months. Since I'm only 5'3", that's not a bad weight, but it's extremely unusual for me. The last time I weighed this little (since getting my full growth) was when I was 16 years old and recovering from 5 weeks in the hospital and 2 operations!

So what does it mean? I've had all kinds of lab tests, and I'm as normal as can be, except that I have vitamin D deficiency. I've since read that a fairly large percentage of Parkinson's patients (in one study 55%) are vitamin D deficient. I don't think that's the problem. Maybe my appetite isn't what it used to be, but I eat. I know I do.

Well, I go back to my GP next week, so I'll see what she has to say on the subject. I'm getting so tired of going to doctors; make me feel like I'm sick or something.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a lucky lady. I have a wonderful husband of 27 years, a fantastic 25 year old son (I'm so proud of him!) a loving and supportive family, the best friends in the world, a job that I love, and... Parkinson's Disease. I was diagnosed in September 2006. That was a jolt, but I'm learning to deal with it.