Monday, October 20, 2008

I'm off to see the wizard

I'm off to see the wizard this morning, not to see if he can give me a brain, but so that he can scan the one I have.  I'm having another brain MRI this morning.  A week or so ago, I ended up in the emergency room with extreme vertigo and vomiting, and the neurologist thinks it was either a migraine thing (migraine aura with no pain) or a seizure.  The seizure idea comes from the fact that I have olfactory hallucinations; I smell things that aren't there.  This is something that is known to happen with some PD patients, a phenomenon known as "phantosmia".   My hallucinations present a little differently than normal, though, and he thinks the pattern points to seizures or migraine or something.  Anyway, I'm getting the MRI this morning and at some point I have to have an EEG to look at my brain waves, too.

Ahh... if I only had a brain!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope all went well for you...I will call you tonight...Hugs kiddo..B'nana

About Me

My photo
I'm a lucky lady. I have a wonderful husband of 27 years, a fantastic 25 year old son (I'm so proud of him!) a loving and supportive family, the best friends in the world, a job that I love, and... Parkinson's Disease. I was diagnosed in September 2006. That was a jolt, but I'm learning to deal with it.