Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The In-Laws

Today is my older brother's wife's birthday:  HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KC!! 
At the same time, my sister-in-law to be, Debra, is in the hospital recovering from an operation she had yesterday.  FEEL BETTER SOON, DEBRA!!

I hear people talk about their in-laws and the trouble they have getting along with them, and I feel so blessed and grateful for the wonderful people who have been brought into my life by marriage.  Not only did my brothers choose remarkable women to marry, but when I married my husband Bob, I got a whole new family of the nicest, most amazing people you could imagine as a bonus.
     So this morning, I find myself thinking of the in-laws I've come to know and love.  My mother-in-law Bettie, and my husband's sister Kathy up in Alaska.  My sister-in-law KC here in Northern CA, and my younger brother's fiance Debra out in NYC.  My husband's brother Phil and his wife Joy in Texas. They're spread out all over the country, but I'm grateful for them all. 

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a lucky lady. I have a wonderful husband of 27 years, a fantastic 25 year old son (I'm so proud of him!) a loving and supportive family, the best friends in the world, a job that I love, and... Parkinson's Disease. I was diagnosed in September 2006. That was a jolt, but I'm learning to deal with it.